Don’t call it a dream call it a plan! I try not to plan too much for my travels, cause I like the spontaneous side of it when you are there. But I love the small preparations that are needed before going. Here is my list of the small things to do when preparing a travel or about to change your dream to a plan.
- Find out where you wanna go, light some candlelight, look at a world map and listen to your heart where it wanna take you.
- Check out flight tickets to appreciate the fact that it is actually not as expensive as you thought!
- Check visa requirements to be sure you are aware of that if you need to apply in advance
- Buy the Lonely Planet book for your next destination. Now it is
becoming real. You invested in your future plan, you got your new travel buddy sorted – your travel book.
- Get the needed vaccinations, it actually feels good to get those stamps in your vaccination card and to feel the soreness in the arm the day after. Suddenly you can feel your dream is becoming real.
- Get the visas or the passport photos for visa on arrival
- Buy the flight tickets
- Pack your backpack (remember to bring some cash with you) and GO! Yay. As simple as that.
I am at step 7 and just about the buy my flight tickets for my big travel abroad back to Asia and to South America. I am super excited! How far are you in your dreams and plans? :-*
Make it real! Make it happen!